Friday, June 29, 2007

Maisie Saves the Day...or at least some of my hair.

The lighting load in was typical of an older space, semi functioning equipment, eccentric qualities of the theatre, things that just don't make sense, at least to me. Something I haven't had to deal with before.

We faced a challenge Wednesday when we lost a bank of dimmers, essentially eliminating 4 lights. I contacted Maisie, the production manager, for guidance and she started making calls. I made some adjustments to the plot to compensate for the loss of the dimmers, and we were ready to go for tech that evening.

I stroll in the theatre last night for the preview performance, and as we were checking the lights, we discovered that 4 more dimmers weren't working. This was a bit of a problem as our preview was scheduled to begin in an hour.


So I sat myself down at the lightboard with my paperwork and just as I started to think abut how I was going to get out of this jam, Maisie walks in and says she finally heard from the house guy on how to fix the missing dimmer problem. She opened a scary looking panel (it was of many panels, some of which we did open) and flipped a few breakers and we were back in business.

Whew......

No comments: